Princesses, Three

As a light (extremely light) sleeper, I've heard my share of "Princess-and-the-Pea" jokes. If you are tired of the standard princess-and-prince stories, take a look at these clever, quirky and fun books.

The Princess and the Packet of Frozen Peas by Tony Wilson and Sue deGennaro
(this is one prince who'd rather not marry a super-delicate flower)

The Very Smart Pea and the Princess-To-Be by Mini Grey
(sometimes the Pea knows what's best)

The Princess and the Pea by Lauren Child and Polly Borland
(not only a hilarious story, but the artwork is brilliant and fascinating--if you add one princess book to your collection this year, make it this one)

Happy fairy-tale-ing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mockingbird . . . I wonder

The Last Unicorn: Collecting Immortality

Arnie, My Doughnut, My Hero