Ready

An exhausted-bookseller post to say I just finished Ready for Air by Kate Hopper, and loved it. While it is her memoir of her daughter's premature birth (and I have no children), I found myself identifying with her emotions: stress and fear, being ashamed of the less-than-beautiful emotions, letting go of the "ideal". I loved it, even the parts that made me squirm a little. We all have squirmy parts of our lives, and she addresses them in such a beautiful and honest way, I think anybody (male or female) would find themselves in her journey. As Hopper is a local author, I also enjoyed "knowing" the world in which she travels. And wondering if I've run into her, since we have a literary life in common. Worth reading. Happy 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mockingbird . . . I wonder

The Last Unicorn: Collecting Immortality

An Ode to Orange Vegetables