Living with "Living"

I have just finished devouring Jen Lancaster's The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog. After a rough couple of years, author Lancaster decides that she needs a new "path" to happiness--and that path might be found by following her idol, Martha Stewart. Just the right combination of snark, 90's-wardrobe-self-deprecation, pop culture and candy, organic fertilizer and a household of glitter-sprinkled gourds made this book both hilarious and sweet. Halfway through her description of the great duvet-n-comforter battle, I was laughing so hard I had to take a break. If you need an easy, delightful read with a great message (spread a life lived with humor and hard work. And glitter), this is it. I don't know about you, but MY November needed this book :-).

Comments

  1. This sounds like a good read! Hmm, may have to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mockingbird . . . I wonder

The Last Unicorn: Collecting Immortality

An Ode to Orange Vegetables