Watching for the Schwa

I've read books about invisible people. I've read books about people who see invisible people and people who wished they were invisible (haven't we all at one time or another). I've even read invisible books about invisible people (just kidding). But I've never read about a "functionally invisible" person. Enter The Schwa Was Here by my new favorite teen author, Neal Shusterman.

How does one get "the Schwa Effect"? Take one "functionally invisible" kid and his friend, Antsy, who sees big money in being invisible and add some dogs, a cranky neighbor and you've got a Brooklyn-sized adventure perfect for kids/teens (ages 10+). Seriously well-written, witty, a riot to read, and great characters pack this story with good life lessons (no lecturing, I promise). Now, go find a copy before "the Schwa Effect" takes over and you completely forget . . . 

. . . and before I forget, also check out Antsy Does Time by Shusterman.

Comments

  1. I just came across this book in my library job! I'll have to take a second look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mockingbird . . . I wonder

The Last Unicorn: Collecting Immortality

Arnie, My Doughnut, My Hero